You are hereHome / About Us
Authority to Organize
The Venturing Officers’ Association is granted the authority to organize, and operate under the supervision and administrative authority of the Scout Executive of the Greater St. Louis Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, and to continue to operate and exist as long as long as the Scout Executive, under his sole discretion, finds such operation and existence to be in the best interests of Scouting.
The Greater St. Louis Area Council (hereafter referred to as the Council) Venturing Officers’ Association (hereafter referred to as VOA) enhances the Venturing program of the Council and its districts by promoting fellowship and leadership through social activities, youth training and recognition of members of the Venturing Program.
Purposes and Responsibilities
- Organize, promote, and give leadership to all Council and District Venturing activities, events, and trainings.
- Participate in and provide opportunities for service.
- Promote Venturing camping opportunities, especially the John S. Swift Base.
- Provide recognition of youth, adults, and units through implementation and promotion of advancement and awards programs.
- Provide avenues of communication among Council, District, and Unit leadership.
- Act as a resource for District and Unit Venturing Programs.
- Provide youth leadership to the council and district operating committees.
The membership of each of the District VOA consists of all District VOA Officers and the officers of all units chartered within that district. Advisors and Professional Advisors for the District VOA and Units chartered within the district serve as ex-officio members.
|VOA-Bylaws (August 2007-revised)||145.57 KB|