You are hereEvents & Activities / STEM Venturing College
STEM Venturing College
VENTURING PROGRAM -
Open doors at 8 a.m., Opening ceremonies at 8:30 a.m.
Program focus will be on the Engineering NOVA 'Hang On!'.
After the opening at 8:30 a.m., we will start the rotation program at 9:00 a.m.
The Venturers will be divided into groups and rotate round robin style thru sessions throughout the day. The periods will run hourly.
More information on the program sessions and requirements covered can be found here.
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately if they want lunch.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL). We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts and leaders are not authorized to utilize other classrooms or buildings, other than the ones designated. All classrooms are clearly marked.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• UMSL is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.
We are still needing staff help. Any Scout leader can assist. Please contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or others from your Crew are interested.