You are hereTraining / Goal Setting and Time Management
Goal Setting and Time Management
PURPOSE: This course is a requirement for the Venturing Discovery Award; however, it can be taken, at any time, by Venturers whether they are working on the award or not. This course can be presented as a workshop for single or multiple crews or broken into shorter segments and presented at crew meetings or Venturing Forum/Roundtables. The small group approach used in this training can be adjusted to accommodate any number of participants. It is highly suggested that this course be taught by more experienced Venturers as well as adult volunteers participating in the program.
OVERVIEW: Finding a successful time management strategy depends on a person’s personality, ability to self-motivate and level of self-discipline. This course introduces established methods for improving a Venturer’s ability to effectively manage the events in his or her life in relation to time.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Venturers will:
- Increase their awareness of time management strategies
- Implement self-selected strategies
- Predict external time wasters
- Examine how they spend their time
- Model how to set priorities
- Organize tasks by category
- Assess the importance of using a planning tool
- Perform work in a timely manner
- Schedule time appropriately
The VOA of the Greater St. Louis Area Council will offer trainings of how to teach this course throughout the year.