You are hereTraining / N.A.Y.L.E.
WHAT IS N.A.Y.L.E.?
The N.A.Y.L.E. program is an advanced version of National Youth Leadership Training (N.Y.L.T.) designed to provide you with a backcountry-based wilderness encounter that applies and internalizes the skills learned at your Council-level National Youth Leadership Training Course, and motivates you to follow a life of servant leadership by helping others succeed, based on Scouting's values.
WHO IS IT FOR AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
This program is for Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers and Sea Scouts.
The requirements are:
- You must be currently registered and active in your Scouting program
- You must have completed Unit-Level Youth Leader Training
- Be a minimum of 14 years of age before the first day of the course
- Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts: Not yet 18 years of age, and have completed NYLT
- Venturers and Sea Scouts: Not yet 21 years of age, and have completed NYLT if available in your Council (or have completed the NYLT to NAYLE Bridge Course if NYLT is not available)
- Be physically fit and approved for High Adventure on your current 2013 BSA Medical Form
WHAT WILL I GAIN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE?
N.A.Y.L.E. equips youth leaders to be better Troop, Team, Crew, or Ship Leaders, NYLT Staff Members, and/or superior Camp Staff members. It will help guide your journey in leadership service to others, will enable you to develop all members of whatever teams you lead, and will provide important life skills for now and the future.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE INCLUDE?
- Advanced Team-Building Skills
- Wilderness First Aid
- Search and Rescue
- Leave No Trace camping Skills
- Future Leadership Opportunities in Scouting
WHERE CAN YOU DO N.A.Y.L.E. AT?
As of October 2012, the National Council has elected only to conduct these courses at Philmont or other national high adventure bases. A course will not be conducted at S bar F Scout Ranch in 2013. The National Advanced Youth Leadership Experience (NAYLE) is offered by the Philmont Training Center and based at the Rocky Mountain Scout Camp.
This camp is designed to provide you with a Philmont based wilderness encounter that motivates you to follow a life of helping others succeed based on the values expressed in the Scout Oath and Law. The Philmont leadership is committed to making NAYLE a very special experience. You will live in a team setting at Rocky Mountain Scout Camp where you will use leadership skills to resolve exciting and challenging backcountry situations. This week will conclude with a closing challenge for each Scout to build upon the Legacy of Waite Phillips, the benefactor of the Philmont Scout Ranch.